Monday, November 14, 2011

aFantasy


After talking with a reasonably symmetric (ie. attractive, or so I’m told) classmate of mine, about this really awkward first date he went on, I had an asexual fantasy. I have always wanted to get to know him better, so I imagined us set up on a blind date with each other, but we didn’t know it. We see each other at the meeting place and say hello and we discover that we’ve been set up with each other, oops! Neither of us is interested in each other in that way, so we have a good laugh. We wind up having a great time and talk late into the evening. At the end of the night, we discuss telling people outrageous stories of how awful the supposed blind date was to our friends. When I see him in class next time, I send him a little smirk and he winks back. We pretty much go back to life as usual, except more friendly. Maybe we talk more in class or invite each other to parties more. Who knows? Maybe nothing. Then again, it never happened and is unlikely to actually occur, so the point is moot, really. It was a nice thought experiment.

I need more interesting conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment